Friday, August 04, 2006

reduce, reuse,...

No matter how hard I try, sometimes I just can't get it together. Last night, I piled up all of the tons of things that needed to be put out with the recycling, making sure that they were planted in the middle of the kitchen such that I literally had to trip over them whenever I tried to do anything. A good reminder to bring them downstairs for this morning's collection, right?

Apparently, not good enough. I awoke this morning to the sound of the recycling truck rattling down our street. And I'm stuck with an overflow of bottles & papers for another week. And I refuse to throw them away in the trash collection that comes 3 times a week -- even if recycling all goes to the same place, I like to harbor a small hope that it actually does get reused. Le sigh.

Well, at least I managed to remember to take out the trash. I suppose that's the more important one -- so that it doesn't stink up the apartment all weekend.

Baby steps.

Currently Reading:

TITLE: Microserfs
AUTHOR: Douglas Coupland

TITLE: Misfortune
AUTHOR: Wesley Stace



No comments: