Monday, January 29, 2007

yummy

This weekend was pretty quiet; I spent several hours on Friday stress-testing Lord of the Rings Online, but I can't really say much about that (confidentiality agreements & whatnot).

On Saturday, my sister Bethany & I went to the BPL to help set up for the book sale (held every few months) that will be taking place next week (10-4 at Copley!). We had a great time going through old books (especially cookbooks), and we even picked up some treasures to take home for ourselves (I got a beautiful copy of The Two Towers, and a vegetable cookbook). I spent the rest of the day not doing much of anything (knitting & watching movies & reading, mostly, with a bit of LotRO beta-testing again), until I ran out to meet Sally for a cup of coffee, and then Dan & I went to see Children of Men. (I couldn't get over how packed it still was; it's been out for a month! But it is a good movie, even on a repeat viewing, so I guess the crowd makes sense.)


On Sunday, I finally got to spend some time with Karen again! We don't get to see each other nearly as often as we should, but luckily we both had a free day yesterday & managed to get together. Karen came to the North End & we spent the afternoon baking delicious cookies (recipe here) with loads of chocolate on top (we went a bit crazy with the drizzling, hehe), talking lots, and eating Chinese. It was such a fun day! We had a ton to catch up on.

Now, it's back to the grind of the normal work week. I don't have much planned for this week's evenings, but I do love my quiet nights at home (at least, for the time being), so I am not complaining. xoxo

p.s. Duh, I almost completely forgot: I finished another scarf this morning! This one was made for my sister Sarah, requested after she saw the one I knitted Tanya:


pattern: Knit Star Scarf
yarn: Bernat Satin in Crimson & Ebony


Currently Reading:

TITLE: Cunt: A Declaration of Independence
AUTHOR: Inga Muscio



1 comment:

Marsha said...

Confidentiality agreements be damned! My inner geek is clamoring to hear more about the LotR Online! :)

(Okay, okay--I know you can't talk about it. But when you can, you better dish!)