Tuesday, January 23, 2007

rah rah FHS

I stole this from Jess, although she did it as a MySpace post. I am afraid, because of the level of detail, that this might not be interesting to anyone that didn't go to high school with me...and even then, maybe still not! Feel free to skip it.

Fill this out about your YEARS of high school:

1. Who was your best friend?
Jen, Marsha, Chandra, Steph, JB.

2. What sports did you play?
Volleyball.

3. What kind of car did you drive?
The Tercel from Hell (red, with a sunflower painted on the gas door, courtesy of Bethany) until it broke on me (several times, in the middle of intersections!), then my lovely grey Honda Accord, after learning to drive standard (I'll never go back).

4. It's Friday night, where were you?
Oh, probably either at one of Kasia's infamous co-ed sleepover parties, or hanging out with the girls.

5. Were you a party animal?
Hah! No.

6. Were you considered a flirt?
Apparently I grew into that role because I was told in college that I was the flirtiest person my friends knew, but I never ever felt comfortable being that way...I think I just tried to be friendly to everyone, but when it came to the boys I actually liked, I would clam up & get all anxious! Lame.

7. Ever skip school?
No, although because I was "good", I was able to leave school early at times, especially if I had to do something like run errands for Student Council (yes, THAT is the kind of high schooler I was!).

8. Were you a nerd?
I liked computers at the time, but I didn't live them (not like now, heh). I wasn't on the popular end of the spectrum (not by a long shot), but I had my friends & had my fun. But I definitely did take the nerdy AP classes & stuff, so yeah. Although I didn't spend nearly as much time studying as I probably should have.

9. Did you get suspended/expelled?
Nope, worst I got was detention! And that was only once or twice....

10. Can you sing the fight song?
Ugh, yes, thanks to our volleyball bus rides requiring we sing that & "three cheers for the bus driver" on the way back from every away game.
"Dear old Farmington High School,
We'll be true to thee.
Maroon and grey our colors,
May they always float to the sky.
Praise our sweet victories,
And may they always say
(HEY HEY HEY!)
Forever we'll be loyal,
To dear old Farmington Hi-i-igh!"
Hey, I said I knew how to sing it, I never said I liked it! In fact, I find it pretty ridiculous.

11. Who was your favorite teacher?
Mr. Nelson & Bart (I can't spell his full last name, but that is what we called him!). Both by leaps and bounds, I think because they treated us much more like college students than high schoolers. Mr. Brewster (art) was pretty great, too. And Ms. Antonio was a fantastic yearbook advisor, although I can't vouch for her teaching skills!

12. Favorite class?
Every English class, no question. I also liked Computer Science when I was allowed to do extra credit projects (because they wouldn't let me automatically enter AP Computer Science, even though I knew what I was doing in regular CS!). And I have good memories of art class.

13. What was your school's full name?
Farmington (Senior?) High School.

14. School mascot?
The Indian...so not PC.

15. Did you go to Prom?
Yes, my senior & the senior when I was a junior, but not my own junior prom.

16. If you could go back and do it over, would you?
I don't think I want to go BACK, but I wouldn't mind being able to "redo" with the perspective & knowledge I have now...would be so interesting to see...but then again, I do (now) think the learning experience was worthwhile. So, probably no.

17. What do you remember most about graduation?
Hugging Andrew's mom (she was the board of ed. president) onstage, because I was just that happy about graduating! Haha.

18. Who was your high school sweetheart?
There's a difference between my high school crush (that I harbored for 4 years, including one after I had graduated) vs. sweetheart, isn't there? I didn't have the typical "sweetheart", although at various times I would have considered the boys I dated (Ryan, James, another Ryan, Jon) to be that.

19. Where were you on senior skip day?
Did we have one? I was probably at school, then....

20. Did you have a job your Senior year?
I did right after I graduated, but that probably doesn't count. I didn't have time between all my activities, especially yearbook editing, which kept me & Renee after school at times until 8 or 9 at night! (And I was lucky enough not to have to get one.)

21. Where did you go most often for lunch?
Well, that changed a lot because our cafeteria had a complete overhaul after my sophomore year, but in general it was the same table everyday, with the people I knew the best (I wouldn't say "friends" because while I think they were now, I was too shy & self-effacing to allow myself to consider them that, then. And my closest friends were never in the same lunch wave as me!).

22. Have you gained weight since then?
I don't think so -- I think I can still fit into any of the clothes I wore. In fact, I might have lost a bit (but I don't know for sure).

23. What did you do after graduation?
That night? The chem-free grad party, then breakfast at the Apple-something Diner with a big group (they hated us there). Then...? Who knows. Probably tried to spend a lot of time with my friends.

24. When did you graduate?
1999!

25. Who was your Senior prom date?
Jon; he didn't go to my school. We met at YAG. So I had to ask him. :) (And even though we were dating, he didn't take me to his own, because his stupid best friend Kathleen didn't have a date because her older boyfriend thought proms were stupid! Which I generally agree with, but still.)

26. Are you going to your 10 year class reunion?
Meh, probably, although I'm not really looking forward to it. Our 5 year one (a gathering in a local bar, basically) was just kind of weird.

27. Who was your home room teacher?
Um, it changed every year, but...I remember it being Bart when I was a sophomore, and then that cute little grey-haired lady who taught sociology for my junior or senior year...? Hmm. I am bad at this. I do remember my junior year homeroom was in a new wing that hadn't yet been connected, so during the wintertime when we had to go to our lockers, I was bitching nonstop about having to freeze just to get our books! Oh, and freshman year my homeroom was upstairs, so I had some language teacher or another for homeroom...maybe Mme Christolini?

28. Who will repost this after you?
Will anyone? This isn't the best meme, but it was interesting to remember all this.

POST THIS WITH YOUR SCHOOL NAME

Currently Reading:

TITLE: Cunt: A Declaration of Independence
AUTHOR: Inga Muscio

TITLE: The Dirty Girls Social Club
AUTHOR: Alisa Valdes-Rodriguez



No comments: