Friday, January 19, 2007

restart

Yesterday, while Bethany & I watched (and were thoroughly enchanted by) The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill, I worked on a sweater I had just started earlier that day.


I'm trying to use up stash yarn, so I'm knitting the very basic Hourglass pattern in a not-so-good yarn, but it'll do -- I mostly just wanted a semi-mindless project to work on, so that I can zone out while doing stockinette. In any case, I did some gauge swatches but on straight needles; for some reason when I realized I only had circulars in a needle size bigger than the one I had gotten gauge in, I figured what the hell, and cast on. Everything seemed to be actually going swimmingly, but then again I have difficulty getting a handle on how something is turning out in the beginning. So I got about 30 mindless rows into it (after a certain point, I just didn't even think to check!), before I realized that I was knitting a sweater that was at least 1/3 too big (wide) for me. Oops! :) I guess I will have to frog that & restart. Good thing I'm not itching for the final product -- I mostly just want to knit. Tomorrow, I'll have to run out & get myself the smaller circ. :)

In the meantime, I've got some fun socks I am working on! So it's all good.

Tonight, apparently I am joining Hrithik & Kirsten in Brighton for a karaoke party! Not sure if I will stick around for the actual karaoke part (they're getting a room at Do Re Mi later in the evening), but I am at least looking forward to seeing them: for some reason, every time they have a gathering, I always seem to be out of town for when it is scheduled! So I am finally going to see them after about a year...whew. I am glad they still even like me, since last time Kyle drew on their hallway wall. But, luckily they don't blame me for that....

Anyway, I hope all of you have a great weekend! I am looking forward to some downtime. And, hopefully finally Freecycling those chairs that are cluttering up my living room! xoxo

Currently Reading:

TITLE: Everything Bad Is Good For You
AUTHOR: Steven Johnson

TITLE: Cunt: A Declaration of Independence
AUTHOR: Inga Muscio

TITLE: The Dirty Girls Social Club
AUTHOR: Alisa Valdes-Rodriguez



No comments: