Wednesday, January 03, 2007

"bonne annee"

So said the cab driver, who I parlayed (pun intended, if you get it) a bit of French back & forth with the other day...it was surprising to encounter a native French speaker in the middle of Boston! He, I think, was pretty pleased to encounter me, as well, despite my merely muddling my way through a short conversation.

It was a relatively quiet New Year's (not for me; I don't normally do up the big parties, but relative to what I've heard of others' fun), but it was nice. Dan had several friends up, and we had some fragolino (my favorite bubbly) and watched the fireworks from our roof. Nothing nearly as intense as last year. (But we missed you, Marsha!)

Not much else going on these days; I'm keeping a pretty low profile because of the whole budgeting thing. Last night I got a lot done: watched School Daze, worked quite a bit on Karen's scarf, finished a soon-to-be-released book and wrote a review of it for Dan's website (no link for that at the moment).

I hope tonight's just as productive -- I am looking forward to being able to actually give Karen her scarf soon, for one thing! :) Happy New Year, everyone. And best wishes for a happy, healthy, and productive 2007. xoxo

Currently Reading:

TITLE: Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs
AUTHOR: Chuck Klosterman

TITLE: There and Back Again: An Actor's Tale
AUTHOR: Sean Astin



No comments: