Thursday, June 15, 2006

more rain?!?

Last night, I went to see Bus Stop, being shown for free at the North End library branch. On my way out the door, I stopped to pick up the day's mail...and I got 3 more things for my sister! It's been happening a ton lately -- remember how I said my sister graduated from her residency program? Yeah, she's the doctor, not me. Somehow, the AMA put her name and my address together, and for the past few months I've been receiving mail addressed to her, here in Boston! A couple of weeks ago, I called the AMA to sort everything out, and the woman was very helpful -- but, since then, I've been getting even more mail from them! It's ridiculous. I am surprised the P.O. doesn't think anything of it, but then again, we don't have the best postal service around here. (That, and maybe they figure that I sometimes go by "Sarah"?) In any case, it's totally annoying -- we get more mail here for her than for ourselves! The woman told me it would take a few weeks for the mail to sort itself out once the address was changed; I can't wait till it does. Grr.

Anyway, the movie was cute, although the young cowboy -- despite being terribly good-looking -- also got terribly annoying with all his yee-haws and his chauvanistic stupidity. Also, I know I shouldn't have expected much more out of the vapid Marilyn Monroe character, but honestly -- the way the characters' feelings changed at the drop of a hat, seemingly without any consideration given the matter at all, was just unbelievable. Bah, I know it's just a movie. I'll get over it. Marilyn & her cowboy were adorable, in any case.

Last night, I worked on trying to be able to post Google Calendar events through my own website (for CodePink), and so far it's been mildly successful. (Thanks for your help, Dan.) It's been a long time since I've worked in anything besides Visual Basic *shudder*, so it's been a bit slow picking up the ins & outs of other languages. Hopefully, I'll manage it soon!

Also, I have been knitting. Baby clothes & a stuffed toy & a couple of bags. I'll get to posting those in the next few days, I suppose... xoxo

Currently Reading:

TITLE: Fresh Lipstick: Redressing Fashion and Feminism
AUTHOR: Linda M. Scott

TITLE: Everyone Worth Knowing
AUTHOR: Lauren Weisberger

TITLE: The Art of Interactive Design
AUTHOR: Chris Crawford



No comments: