Tuesday, May 16, 2006

come as you are

Yesterday was fun, and a lot less crazy than I thought it would be! After work I had 3 appointments in a row, but luckily I managed to make all of 'em. First was Knitting for the Greater Good at Boston Cares, which is a fun knitting-for-charity meetup that we do once every few months. The women there are always really dynamic & fun to be around.

Second up was a website meeting for the Boston Knit Out & Crochet, which is coming up this fall (most likely September 24)! I was assigned the task of website-updating, which I hope I can keep on top of. Provided I'm sent the info, it shouldn't take (I hope) more than a few minutes to log on, paste the text in, & arranage it so that it looks nice. I was a bit worried there for a while because, at the first BKO meeting, someone had asked if I know how to use Dreamweaver, and I had to say no -- because I generally just write in code. I'm not a huge fan of GUI page-layout programs (especially because they wreak havoc on otherwise manageable code!). But thankfully the 2 of us who will be doing the site (for the most part -- (Alasdair will be doing design & I'll do my best to keep up with updates) prefer text-edited code. Phew.

...And, I've geeked out enough for the time being. After that meeting (at the Elephant & Castle, which was pretty good!), I hopped on the green line to meet Karen at the Cheesecake Factory at the Pru. It was so good to see her after such a long time! And I'm so excited, because she might finally be really & truly on her way to moving to Boston, now! The place she was up looking at yesterday sounded pretty great. I hope she takes it, or finds a place she likes better and moves in soon! So we can hang out all the time. :)

All right, I really need to go do some more work. Have a good day -- and stay dry, everyone! xoxo

Currently Reading:

TITLE: Pretty Little Dirty
AUTHOR: Amanda Boyden

TITLE: The Art of Interactive Design
AUTHOR: Chris Crawford



No comments: