Saturday, January 14, 2006

Saturday morning

Good morning!

I just mailed off my scarves to the Red Scarf Project, and I thought I'd share the last picture I have of them with everyone:



The tags on them say "Handmade for you by Arianna; Boston, MA" (which is what they ask you to write). I hope they can be put to good use!!

Also while at the post office, I was chatting with the clerk about whether they print all new stamps with a rate change, or if they reprint the old designs with "39" on them instead of "37". She told me that, besides the basic bird & flag stickers that they always print (that have no denomination printed on them, although they have been changed slightly for the new pricing), there has been only one set printed that says "39" ... this great series of children's book characters!! They are fantastic - they have The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Wilbur (from Charlotte's Web), Fox in Socks (Dr. Seuss), Maisy, Curious George, Olivia, and Frederick the mouse! Now, I have to admit, I probably wouldn't have known all of those characters if my mother wasn't a first grade teacher, but I do (thanks, Mom!), and so the stamps were terribly exciting to me (they're adorable!). So, even though I've got plenty of stamps still here at my house (I bought a ton of them when the 2 Disney series came out), I couldn't resist the temptation of buying a sheet of these new ones. Just a sheet! But I definitely didn't need them...

Good thing I write a lot of letters.

Currently Reading:

TITLE: The Language Instinct
AUTHOR: Steven Pinker

TITLE: Idoru
AUTHOR: William Gibson



No comments: