Wednesday, August 10, 2005

the balcony isn't safe

It's so amazing, how the mind works. I was sitting here coding away, and I see that I have a "breaking news" email saying that George & Jennifer Hyatt, the escaped prisoner & his helpful wife in Ohio, were captured. At the same time, I was listening to "Hollywood Perfume" by The Pretenders. I didn't think too much about it, until I went to reread the email and wondered where the hell I had gotten the notion that the fugitives had been captured in a shootout on their hotel balcony, when nothing like that was described in the extremely succinct email. I sat there pondering such an odd notion for several moments, until I realized that the song playing in the background sings about "going out on the balcony" and events ensuing. Not fugitive-shootout events, but that's where my mind came in and took over, deciding that that's how it all must've happened. Odd, isn't it?

I really should have been a psychologist. I love this shit.

No comments: