Friday, November 03, 2006

knitting tragedy!

Okay, so the title is a bit overdramatic, but I was quite upset last night. This is why:



See what happened? I had just cast on in some lovely Jade Sapphire Cashmere, using a brand new Addi Natura circular that I had purchased at Woolcott in Cambridge, and was completing the first bits of Dan's new winter hat, when disaster struck -- the wooden needle snapped right off of the cord!

This a very blurry picture because our camera doesn't do closeups well, but maybe it'll help you get the idea:



I hate being so stalled on a project. Good thing I will probably be near a yarn store sometime this weekend so I can purchase another set of circs, but I'm still so frustrated right now. (Luckily I had like a zillion WIPs to work on when that happened! Haha.) Hmm, I wonder: do you think Woolcott or Skacel would give me a new pair? I am uncertain whether they'll say it's my fault or their own...but honestly...shouldn't needles (even wooden ones) be a bit hardier than that?

At least I still have the receipt. I'll have to stop by Woolcott (if I get up the nerve & motivation to do so) and see what they can do for me.

In the meantime, I haven't finished a project in quite some time, so it's kind of a good excuse to force myself to work on older things... xoxo

Currently Reading:

TITLE: Bitchfest
AUTHOR: Lisa Jervis & Andi Zeisler

TITLE: Effroyables Jardins
AUTHOR: Michel Quint



2 comments:

Marsha said...

Ack! That is tragic indeed. You should definitely return the needles to the store where you bought them. I can't imagine they would hassle you about it, especially since you just got them. Good luck!

Jeanette said...

Oh no! What size Addi's was it?