Monday, April 02, 2007

holiday knitting, part...4?

I realize that this is incredibly late, as it is already April, but I finally got some more pictures of knitting I did for the holiday season! What's funniest is that I've already started knitting next year's batch of presents (I know, you knitters out there are going to hate me, but I was just eager to get going on some projects. But don't worry; I'm sure I'll still be feeling the holiday crunch come December!).

Anyway, here they are, in finished order:

I knit my father a pair of socks, because we always ask him what he wants for presents, and he always says "I could use a nice pair of socks!" while we roll our eyes at the boring response. But this year, I figured I'd take him up on the suggestion, and I knit my first of what may become a traditional pair of socks. Unfortunately, there was a washing mishap at the parents', and they were a little bit unintentionally felted, but my father says they are still wearable. (It's my own fault I didn't take a picture before gifting them!)


pattern: TechGuy Socks
yarn: Brown Sheep NatureSpun Sport in some grey shade (it's been a while, sorry!)
photo credit: Dad (thanks!)

Next up is the bag I knit my sister Bethany -- still unfinished, eep! I have yet to get in gear about finding someone who can help me sew in the lining on the bag (see that lovely star-printed fabric?). It'll be so cute...if it ever finally gets done!


pattern: a mixture of my own, and something I found online, but I will have to locate that later; it's late
yarn: I think it was a Red Heart Supersaver

Lastly, you've got the socks I knit for my friend Toni, who lives out on Long Island. I haven't seen her in ages, but hopefully she enjoyed this fun pink pair:


pattern: Knitty's Hedera
yarn: STR Apple Valley Road

Well...it's really late, or I'd have more witty commentary for you here, but I really need to go to bed for now. It's good to finally get these pieces up, though! It makes up for all the others I can't currently post about, heh.

G'night, everyone. xoxo

Currently Reading:

TITLE: The Blind Assassin (audiobook)
AUTHOR: Margaret Atwood

TITLE: Best Friends
AUTHOR: Martha Moody

1 comment:

Marsha said...

Hey, I have one of those "just give me socks" dads, too! Maybe I will knit a pair of 'em for my dad for next Christmas as well.