Tuesday, April 17, 2007

a hell of a town

I just spent 3 days in NYC and 2 in CT. It's been quite a week. I don't know what I would do without my amazing friends. You all are so wonderful to me; I don't deserve such nice people in my life.

I stayed at Sally's Wednesday night through Saturday night; we had quite the time, is all I can really say about that! We got a ton of work done, watched some Friends, had yummy smoothies, joined the Sea of People, stopped at the Radical Lace & Subversive Knitting show (sorry, North End knitters! we were right there & I couldn't pass it up, as Sally tats), hung out at a bar with Stifler, ate Spiderman pizza, and had a ton of fun with a bunch of her guys. We also got a lot of rest, and talked about a zillion different things. I think we both needed a "break" like that, even though we were both swamped with work (me with programming, she with law school finals). I was so reluctant to leave on Sunday morning! I even love the city now more than ever before. It was the first time I could actually see myself living there, if I had to. Sally lives in a great little area of Brooklyn, and I actually took the train all by myself (!) for the first time, when I went to meet up with Luis and Ashu for dinner on Friday.

I took the train alone again at 3am on Sunday morning (by then I was an old pro, heh), and caught at 4:30 bus to CT. My sister picked me up, and I spent a lazy Sunday at my parents' house, socializing a bit with Sarah's friends (she was having a clothing swap & potluck get-together), but mostly just sitting on the couch & knitting the back of a baby sweater:


(I also got a lot done on yet another Odessa hat, which I have decided is my favorite traveling project -- and, the more of them I knit, the more requests I get for them! So I just keep churning them out. Luckily, I am traveling a lot these days, so it works.)

While in CT I also got to see 2 of my most favorite people, Jen and Marsha! It was really nice to catch up with both of them. They are two of my oldest friends (but not quite my oldest; Chandra holds that title). And I got to have a nice dinner with my parents & grandparents before heading back in to Boston.

I don't know how I managed to get myself asked out by the bus driver (a very cool guy, but he's 35) on my way home, but that's a story for another time. Maybe. xo

Currently Reading:

TITLE: The Blind Assassin (audiobook)
AUTHOR: Margaret Atwood

TITLE: The Namesake
AUTHOR: Jhumpa Lahiri
Recently Read:

TITLE: Rose of No Man's Land
AUTHOR: Michelle Tea

No comments: