Monday, June 06, 2005

too damn hot

Arg what is up with this heat, gosh! I am dying here. I don't know why this year decided to skip spring almost entirely...we had a few warm-ish days, then it got cold again, and then - bam! - 80+ degrees, all the time. I hate it. Spring and fall are my favorite seasons, in large part because of the mild temperatures. And I've decided that winter pulls a close second and beats out summer any day, since you can always turn on heat or put on more clothes, but there's only so much one can take off! And I'm not a huge proponent of air-conditioning, so it looks like I'm going to have to suffer this weather...I suppose it wouldn't have been so bad if it had come upon us more gradually...

It got so bad yesterday that Dan and I gingerly got ready to go out (trying to move at little as possible in this heat, since every movement produces about a gallon of sweat) and walked over to Fall Creek to see Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room. Very interesting! I didn't think I'd be so engaged by a story about greedy, capitalist bastards for over an hour, but I definitely was. Very well done.

In any case, I'm gonna go try to get some more work done, if my heat-hazed mind will allow it...

In the words of Ron Burgandy: "It's so warm. Milk was a bad choice."

Currently Reading:

TITLE: Affluenza
AUTHOR: John DeGraff, David Wann, Thomas H. Naylor


TITLE: Subculture: The Meaning of Style
AUTHOR: Dick Hebdige


TITLE: Empire Falls
AUTHOR: Richard Russo

No comments: