Wednesday, February 07, 2007

make your mind dance

Yesterday I attended a meeting at Boston Cares, where we watched an amazing & very moving video called What I Want My Words to Do to You, about several female inmates who took a writing course with Eve Ensler (yes, of Vagina Monologues fame). Next week, as the second part of the program, we go to Quincy to work with the Prison Book Program, which is something I've been interested in checking out since I moved here (I just love the idea of everyone reading & learning, no matter who or where they are!), but never had the courage to until Boston Cares organized a Serve & Learn about it. Yay! xoxo

p.s. The title of my post is one of the things I want my words (in general) to do for my readers. Although I know at this point I've not produced much of substance. Must. Work. On that.

Currently Reading:

TITLE: Cunt: A Declaration of Independence
AUTHOR: Inga Muscio

TITLE: Indecision
AUTHOR: Benjamin Kunkel



No comments: