Monday, June 25, 2007

jaywalker FO!

This is an awful picture (I am getting a camera with a flash SOON, I mean it -- I actually have one picked out, just have to get it!), but I just wanted to indicate that I actually have been doing some knitting, albeit not as much as I was for a while there (blame the long commute, for one thing). But, I've finished the Jaywalkers and I just adore them; they fit great and I love the pattern, especially with the yarn I chose to use, because the ankles and the toes turned out so pretty. The foot part, not so much, because the color pooled weirdly, but I figure that's the least important part, anyway. Right?


pattern: Grumperina's Jaywalker on Magknits
yarn: Knit Picks Sock Garden in Autumn somethingorother (thanks, Christine!)


In other leisure time activities, reading is going really slowly, despite my having so much allotted time for it (read: my commute) these days. But I really am liking White Teeth. Beautifully written. It seems that most people love one or her other, On Beauty, but not both. Perhaps I'll see sometime in the future, but in the meantime I've got plenty of other books in my piles!

Anyway, lots of things to go do. Goodnight! xo


Currently Reading:

TITLE: White Teeth
AUTHOR: Zadie Smith

TITLE: Harvesting the Heart
AUTHOR: Jodi Picoult

1 comment:

Marsha said...

The socks look great! What is it about the Jaywalkers that makes people go nuts for them?