Friday, June 01, 2007

buzz buzz

My father just emailed me a photo of the gorgeous dragonfly sculpture he created (with a mixture of welding and stained glass, I believe), which is up in the backyard of the house I grew up in:


(Click the photo for a better view.)

The background of the picture, which is now beautifully landscaped thanks to his Master Gardener skills (yet another of his fascinating hobbies), at one time was home to our sandbox, metal swingset, and our dog Daisy's yard. What a change. And it feels like just yesterday that I was baking up mud pies.

Currently Reading:

TITLE: Loyal to the Sky
AUTHOR: Marisa Handler

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that IS unbelievably beautiful!

an entire family of amazing talent.. and good genes!

Anonymous said...

p.s. obviously i couldn't wait for LJ to sort itself out! ;)