Friday, July 07, 2006

long entry, sorry.

Hey all,
No idea when I last posted, even. It's been a long week! I participated in the Troops Home Fast on Tuesday (the 4th), spending all day on the Esplanade...and left about a half hour before the fireworks started, because I didn't feel like dealing with the crowd when the show was done! Haha. Oh, well -- I could see some of the show from our roof, so it was all right.

Wednesday was a busy work day, and then I took a bus to Hartford late that evening. It's always nice to see my parents. :) (Hi, Mom & Dad!)

Thursday I worked and then went to my doctor for my annual checkup. I was told that I have "the blood pressure of a 12 year old" and that I'll live to 100 at that rate! Hurray. (Funny thing; I am a very anxious person, but I guess that doesn't affect my BP!) My doc told me he couldn't find a thing wrong with me, and that I had grown an inch (according to their charts, hah -- I haven't grown a bit since I was in the 5th grade!) and lost 5 lbs. Not bad.

Thursday night, I joined Sarah, Karl, and a former schoolmate Brian for a ride down to New London to see Brian & Karl's show (the B-Flat Project -- my sister is designing the CD cover!). It was a small gig but I had a lot of fun, most especially catching up with Sarah, finally! :) (And being all sketchy when we went to get me a Rock Star energy drink, hahaha...)

Then today was a work-in-the-actual-office day, so my boss & I drove down to Woodbury and spent the day discussing program plans & such. Nothing too exciting, except that I am getting a 10% raise (not huge, but it's a raise!) and -- I'm more excited about this -- a new work computer!! Probably an Acer TravelMate, which is a tablet PC/laptop combo. Schweet.

Tonight I had a lovely dinner with the 'rents and then went for coffee with my friend Jen, who I haven't seen in ages! She gave me a great overdue birthday present (book & board game! what could be finer?) and we caught up a lot. Sometimes we just need to sit down together & talk for hours to catch up!

Tomorrow: breakfast with Tanya!! I cannot wait to see that girl. It's been way too damn long. 5/8-8/5! :)

Oh, and then my aunt's picnic in the afternoon. Whew. I can't wait to be back in Boston, though!

I'm especially looking forward to the World Cup game on Sunday...and to seeing Danny again. xoxo



TITLE: The Art of Interactive Design
AUTHOR: Chris Crawford



No comments: