Friday, February 10, 2006

pink cake!

Benny Bakes A Cake was one of my favorite books when I was little; I always adored books that had drawings of food, for some reason. Particularly cakes or ice cream. It always just looked so yummy. That translated poorly into my adult sweet tooth, but thankfully so far that hasn't presented too much of a weight problem...

In any case, Bethany gave me a Valentine's cookbook the other day,


and I fell in love with one of the recipes, as it was for a pink cake! Made using strawberry-banana-flavored Jell-O (although I used only strawberry-flavored). I decided I'd make it for our get-together with Ashu, Sarah C, and Lisa, and I thought it'd be fun to take pictures as I went along, but it was a recipe that required one to be pretty on-schedule, so I was only able to take a few. Unfortunately, the ones I did get didn't nearly do justice to the bright pinkness of the cake, but here they are anyway, in all of their (lackluster) glory:



I forgot to take a picture before we cut it, but I'm going to play it off like I meant to do that, by telling you that I wanted to display the pink inside!



I've still got like half a cake left, sitting on the kitchen table - anyone hungry? xoxo

Currently Reading:

TITLE: Hopscotch (Rayuela)
AUTHOR: Julio Cortazar

TITLE: Female Chauvanist Pigs
AUTHOR: Ariel Levy



No comments: