Monday, November 28, 2005

yay, Christmastime!


Yay, Dan & I have our tree up! We bought it last night, at Urban Outfitters - not exactly what we'd been planning to do, but it's already the Christmas season, so ordering one online would have been a pain, since it would have probably taken several weeks to arrive, and by then it would be mid- if not late-December! So yeah, we bought a 6-foot silver tree and awesome pink lights, and we put it together along with some star lights you can vaguely see in the background (I really need to get a camera other than just my cell phone! But I know I'd just lose it...), and some blue lights that are adorning our bookshelves. I LOVE LIGHTS, so it's definitely making me very happy to see those, and all the others up around the neighborhood & the city. Yesterday night on our way home, we walked through a local park that has a long tunnel with a solid ceiling of blue lights, it was amazing. I can't wait to go back there and take a walk during the next snowfall - how magical it'll be...

I have plenty to catch everyone up on, I know, but I hope y'all had lovely Thanksgivings! Mine was great, although small this year, family-wise (we were missing a good 5 people, and my family isn't huge to begin with!). But it was fun to see my cousins and grandparents and aunts and uncles, and especially my parents. I ate lots of yummy food, of course, so I'm not complaining! :) Not much else to report, though, about the holiday itself. I did get to see Jen, Tanya, and Sarah while I was back, though, yay!! Really the only people who are in CT that I wanted to see, other than family! So that was awesome. I got to have good, long talks with both Tanya & Sarah, which I think I really needed - I miss both of those girls so much! I can't wait until they move up here! Teehee...maybe that's just wishful thinking, but still... Hey, at least I get Karen! :) Maybe we can manage to convince the others....!

I will post more later, about my weekend in CT and particularly my doctor appointment issues. For now, though, I've got to go get some work done! As per usual. xoxo

Currently Reading:

TITLE: Wicked
AUTHOR: Gregory Maguire

TITLE: Off The Map
AUTHOR: CrimethInc.


No comments: