Sunday, November 14, 2010

so pretty

Troy bought me a new computer today, as a kind of early Christmas present/thank you for some of the things I've done for him. It's beautiful. I have been using XP for ages now, as both my laptop (an Asus eee) & desktop (the one I built in 2003...yes, it was time for an upgrade, but it IS still running really well!) run it. So running Windows 7 on a machine which can actually handle speed & graphics is sooo amazing. I connected it to his TV (we're keeping it at his place because oh yeah, did I mention we're also playing World of Warcraft on it together? - we're so going to disappear/hibernate this winter...) using a DVI-to-HDMI converter, and after a bit of tweaking, managed to get it to look gorgeous on the "monitor". I'm very pleased. He's totally made my day. Of course, it's making getting my schoolwork done *very* difficult, although we are waiting to play WoW until after my semester is over, because we're not stupid. ;) However, I still just want to play around on my new toy!

At least reading for school (using Blackboard on the computer) is sooo much nicer now! Yay. :)

Okay...gotta force myself to get back to work....

xo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new computer! What a nice gift.

Are you having fun with Warcrack, er, I mean Warcraft? :)