Monday, March 26, 2007

all over the place

Well, this past weekend was a lot of fun, although pretty nonstop. It was difficult having a houseguest and trying to balance spending a lot of time with my sisters (one of whom was visiting), not to mention other commitments I had made, but I think I worked it out pretty well. I won't go into a lot of detail, but suffice it to say that Sarah, Bethany, and I baked cupcakes


(here is a picture of Dan, Rodrigo, and myself; 2/3 of that group wasn't involved in the baking, but as they had been doing a bit of drinking, they thought a photo that made them look like they were hard at work in the kitchen would be amusing); I attended a rally to mark (and protest) the 4th anniversary of the Iraq War


(the cupcakes were for a bake sale to raise money for the Code Pink house in D.C.!); my sisters & I worked briefly at the Prison Book Program, stopped for cupcakes at Sweet Tooth, wandered around Chinatown, and played SceneIt!; I hung out a bit more with Rodrigo before he left to head back to Austin; my family attended my cousin's fiancee's bridal shower in CT, and then we spent several nice hours at Borders (where I purchased more books I don't need!), all in the span of 48 hours. It was so great to see my family (and especially to hang out with both of my sisters so much!), but that was definitely a lot to squeeze in.

So yeah. This week is definitely going to be a quiet one; I'm making sure of that. And on through the weekend, I hope. Especially because the following several weekends will also be busy with travel (Easter, a visit to NYC, and Coachella/the cousin's wedding are all in April). I have been super stressed out by a lot of stuff, and I am scared to see myself taking a lot of it out on others, most especially Dan. I hope that this week will help me calm my errant emotions.

I'm still knitting, but of course yet another thing I am working on is a surprise that I can't post. I will have to get more done on my cardigan (I've got the back and about half of a sleeve done) so that I can actually post pictures of something!

I guess I don't have much else to say. I thought there was something else, but for the moment it's slipped my mind. Sorry! I guess I've had too many things to think about...xo

Currently Reading:

TITLE: The Blind Assassin (audiobook)
AUTHOR: Margaret Atwood

TITLE: We Don't Need Another Wave
AUTHOR: Melody Berger

No comments: