Thursday, October 12, 2006

quick mid-afternoon break

Dan & I saw The Departed last night, which I found to be pretty damn good. I may just be somewhat partial because it's based in Boston, but I think it was more than that. I can definitely see it winning an award or two. It's got plot twist after plot twist, which makes it one of those movies you have to kind of spend some time considering all together once you've watched it through, to answer questions that popped up in the middle of viewing. But it kept me on the edge of my seat, and it definitely kept me engaged. And also left me totally paranoid, & scared of people with guns. Well, more so than I normally am. :)

The one problem is, I keep finding myself wanting to talk in a heavy Boston accent ever since we left the theater, because it really gets into your head, hearing all of those famous actors with their (for the most part) spot-on inflections & dropped "r"s.

Okay, I have many other things to post, but also a ton to do at work, so I must leave you for now. Ciao! xoxo

Currently Reading:

TITLE: Bitchfest
AUTHOR: Lisa Jervis & Andi Zeisler

TITLE: The Time Traveler's Wife
AUTHOR: Audrey Niffenegger



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Apparently, the building I work on can be seen in that film. Also, they were shooting behind my office.

I don't have any plans to see it: I see work enough as it is. :P