Thursday, September 21, 2006

i'm hip.

Tuesday night, my bad leg was acting up so much (shooting pains, discomfort in any position) that I couldn't sleep for quite some time. The next morning I woke up at my usual Wednesday 6:00 and got dressed, but wrestled for the next half hour about whether or not I should do my usual volunteering at the Women's Lunch Place because of the pain I had been in. My leg was feeling much better by that point, but I wasn't sure if I should risk it. Finally, I picked up a bag of donations (I've got about 3 still left here at the house -- all from Bethany -- and then another 4 coming from Mom & Sarah! my family is the best), and headed out the door, deciding that I'd see how I felt when I was there. The minute I got there I told Gina that I was a bit wary of my bad leg, and she & everyone else were fantastic about making sure I kept mostly to one place while they brought my work to me. :) It worked out well, and my hip didn't bother me once while I was there! (There's definitely something to taking your mind off of a problem....)

And I'm glad I did that, because my leg not only didn't end up hurting me for the rest of the day, but I actually felt confident enough to attend the WLP Volunteer Bowling Night at Kings with Dan after work (with a few brief detours at the mall shops, as we cut through there from Back Bay). Kings was great -- it was fun to see some of the women in another element entirely, and Dan & I bowled a couple of games with Shaina while taking advantage of the open bar & free food. I actually bowled fairly well considering it had been years & I had a beer or 2 in me, hehe...I got several spares and at least one strike (although that could have been a spare where I didn't knock any pins down on the first bowl -- either way, I knocked all the pins down at once! haha).

Anyway, thus far my leg is back to "normal-ish", whatever that means. I was thinking it might have been all the walking I did over the weekend, combined with the rainy weather which never helps my arthritis. We'll see, though -- I'm going to keep a close eye on it for a few days, to make sure. Good thing I have an appointment with my orthopaedic surgeon in Boston soon.

Anyway, good morning, all! xoxo

Currently Reading:

TITLE: The Beauty Myth
AUTHOR: Naomi Wolf

TITLE: Confessions of a Recovering Slut
AUTHOR: Hollis Gillespie

TITLE: Another Bullshit Night in Suck City
AUTHOR: Nick Flynn



No comments: