Friday, December 17, 2004

hey you Vassar kiddies

This has been in my AIM profile for years; I figured it's time to retire it, now.

I scored a 93% on the "How Vassar are you?" Quizie! What about you?

I also just realized that I've been an AIMer for almost 10 years now. That's an awful long time. Heh, my geekiness shows through all over the place...

But not nearly as much so as when I look at my old code from my old computer science classes...I cannot believe how long ago that feels, by now! But today I logged into mote33 (the Vassar CS site) for the first time in ages, and spent some time poking around, checking out our old pimped-out ASCII versions of Checkers and Connect 4 and Battleship, among other things. Ah, I miss C++ so damn much. I hate having a job where I'm writing in VB all the time. Because when the work day is done, the last thing I want to do is sit in front of a computer and code more! =\ Even though my dream is to one day write a computer game...

Ah, I'll stop bitching. Well today I'm headed back to CT! I have been in Long Island for the past week visiting my oldest sister; we both work during the day (I love telecommuting - all I need is an internet connection and my cell phone and I'll all set anywhere!) and then hang out in the evenings. Last night we even went to see one of those drive-through Christmas light thingies. I'd never seen one, and while it was fun, I have to admit I was a bit disappointed. I was expecting LIGHTS, LIGHTS, LIGHTS EVERYWHERE! But didn't quite get that...it was still neat, though.

We also did some crafting earlier this week. Sarah made different kinds of tree ornaments, and I managed to finish one entire sock (my first ever)! YAY! (Well, except for tying up all the loose ends, it's done.) Now I'm about 1/4 of the way through my next one. Then I'll have my first pair completed! (Duh, I know - but I had initially been planning on knitting one sock for Sarah, then two for Bethany, then one for Sarah, so that Sarah wouldn't get the 2 bad beginner's socks and Bethany the more "professional" ones...but Bethany's yarn hasn't yet arrived. I'm so sad!)

Well, I ought to go finish packing for the potentially long drive back to CT (I am scared to see what the traffic will be like at 5 today) and of course getting some work done. I will add more some other time, I am sure.

Ciao for now!

No comments: