Saturday, May 13, 2006

rainy Saturday


Yesterday was my sister's first art show opening, at our dentist's office in downtown Boston. That's her work, up there. She's fantastic. It'll be on display for the next 2 months, so if you are in the Boston area, stop up!

Bethany & I baked some delicious cookies for the opening, and so I had to share a picture of 'em:


My parents & sister & her fiance came up for the show, and they stayed overnight at my other sister's fiance's (yeah, there are a lot of fiances right now -- I can't wait till I can say brother-in-law, although I don't think that'll be any easier...), so today we all braved the rain & met up in Harvard Square for a breakfast at The Greenhouse. I got there earlier than everyone else, so I did a bit of yarn shopping at Woolcott (hey, how else was I supposed to kill the time?). Then we wandered around Urban Outfitters & The Garage for a bit, before heading to Davis Square to stop at Magpie (Bethany is selling some of her art there), before everyone headed out.

Danny is in NYC for the weekend (to see a couple of art shows & meet up with some people), and so I am all alone today. :( This is the first time I've had to sleep alone in this apartment, and I don't like it one bit!

But I just got in & changed into my Curious George pajamas, so now I'm going to go curl up with a book & some tea and listen to the rain. Later, maybe some knitting & movie-watching! xoxo

Currently Reading:

TITLE: Knitting Rules!
AUTHOR: Stephanie Pearl-McPhee

TITLE: The Art of Interactive Design
AUTHOR: Chris Crawford



No comments: