Tuesday, May 09, 2006

blah

Ahhh, my 125-emails-strong inbox is overwhelming me...I try to stay on top of those things, but you know how it goes. It's a never-ending battle. I refuse to move anything out of my inbox until I've dealt with it, which often leaves me feeling a bit behind when I open Gmail to see several pages worth of "to do list"...sigh.

My finances are also in pretty dire straits right now. I refused to let myself even check my money situation yesterday so I could enjoy my birthday, but from now till the end of this month I need to buckle down & get into Savings Mode. I hope I can manage. I hate worrying about money, but sometimes it seems like that's all I ever do. Sigh.

And the rain! Bah. Well, at least yesterday was a gorgeous day -- that's when it counted, to me. But still: it's so gross out. Sigh.

But, despite all that, I'm actually not in a terrible mood (even though it may sound that way!). I think yesterday really bolstered me. And reminded me of how lucky I am, 25 years in. I am going to force myself to look back on my recent entries on those days when I need a pick-me-up in the future....

For now, I suppose, back to work. I want to write more but today things just aren't happening. It's one of those sluggish, dreary days for me. But not necessarily in a bad way. Just...I want to take a nap. Heh.

No comments: