Thursday, April 13, 2006

so many FOs!

I meant to post this last night, but we went to dinner with Christine & Paulo at the Elephant Walk, and I had a couple of drinks (pink lemonade martinis, yum), and was more sleepy than anything else upon our return home.

So, for those of you who aren't knitters (which, for my blog, constitutes the majority of you, I'd guess), FO = "finished object". Of which I have three to share with you all! I bit the bullet and did all of the weaving the ends in (my absolute least favorite part of knitting - I just want to be done when I am done!) while watching The Man Who Knew Too Much (Hitchcock's 2nd version) the other night. (And ever since, I've had Doris Day's version of "Que Sera, Sera" stuck in my head...go figure!)

Anyway, first up is the Honeymoon cami I did for Christine, as sort of a late Christmas present. I got to present it to her last night, which was exciting!



I also completed the baby pixie hat that I was making for Knit for the Greater Good, although I'm kind of confused...the pattern and picture made it sound like it was a hat for small babies, but it came out looking like it'll only fit a very large-headed child! Granted, I haven't tried it on any babies yet, but I'm still upset. I used the correct needles and yarn! I hope I'm just grossly underestimating children's head sizes.



And, last (and also least, because I haven't yet actually finished weaving in the ends for this one...but sshhh!) we have Stephanie's baby shower blanket (pattern here), long overdue. (Since it's almost 4' square, I can't see any feasible way to take a picture of it unfolded, so here, it's nestled in the bag I carted around just about everywhere while I was working on it!)


Next up: yet another baby blanket (I got a ton of free yarn from my mother & I think creating donatable objects is the best way to use it up!), a Hello Kitty doll for one of my sister's coworkers (who adores anything HK), and perhaps a Jess Hutch toy, socks for Dan, a sweater for Dan (I know, I know, wrong season, but I'd better get started now or else!), and/or the hourglass or Rogue sweaters.

Yeah, I've got my work cut out for me. But I love it! xoxo

Currently Reading:

TITLE: Collapse
AUTHOR: Jared Diamond

TITLE: Hawkes Harbor
AUTHOR: S.E. Hinton

TITLE: The Art of Interactive Design
AUTHOR: Chris Crawford



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I don't know what you're talking about; your knitting looks more advanced than mine!