Wednesday, February 27, 2008

mishmash.

I feel like it's been way too long since I posted, but...what to post about? Nothing much to report, here. I am just doing as usual, and keeping really busy. Almost too busy. I think I need to slow my life down a bit. But I guess it's by choice, how things are. And I certainly do hate to have to stop and think - I get too neurotic that way! :)

I'm currently working lots, knitting lots, and in the midst of 3 book clubs. I haven't watched a DVD or movie in ages, save for a few episodes of Firefly that I squeezed in recently. I have...really no idea why I'm so busy. But don't get me wrong, I'm certainly enjoying it! (Usually. Except for the lack of sleep thing.)

I feel like there's always something more that can get done. I adore multitasking. It's gotten really bad. I wish I could knit at work, for example, while I'm reading all of these IBM documents to learn all the ropes.

I feel like there's a zillion things I could tell about what I've been doing recently, but I just am so overwhelmed thinking of it. Tonight, J and I are supposed to attend a sneak preview The Other Boelyn Girl; we'll see how that goes, especially since I'm not particularly fond of either of the 2 main actresses. (I don't think they're terrible actresses, I just don't particularly like them.)

My hip's been doing okay recently; not much pain there, which is very good. But I do use my cane anytime I'm out, so that is of course part of it. I've got more PT exercises to do to help strengthen & limber me. And they want me to find a pool, or a gym. I don't want to find either. :( I really loved the excuse of not having to exercise! But the therapist told me that I need to work on my cardiovascular fitness, now that my core strength is better. Sigh. I wish walking everywhere counted towards that. That's the kind of exercise I like.

Sorry this is such a disjointed post. I'm just trying to think of things to update on. Umm life is pretty okay. Just living. Trying to plan a few trips in the near future, or at least for 2008 sometime: visits to friends (Jen, Karen, Sally) and with friends (Tanya, Steph, Sarah) to various locales...if I can ever get those worked out. I've got the vacation time; I just need the money and planning to come together. (Have I said this already before?) I also want to go to Algeria with Dan, haha. Or, somewhere fun & exotic again, anyway. If we can afford it, which we prolly can't right now.

I really do want to post more, but I guess living life is more important, n'est-ce pas? I would do more frequent, smaller posts probably if I felt like I had the time when I got back in every night, but I get in really late what with the commute & all. I try to squeeze a ton in even then, and end up going to bed way too late every night! Oy.

I always have all these little trains of thought that I feel would be good blog fodder, but by the time I get around to thinking of blogging, the ideas are already too stale! Oh, well.

Speaking of food (stale? get it?), I need some better ideas of things to bring in for lunch at work. Anyone have any good recipes I could whip up and port easily? Ideally nothing messy. I have been trying pasta & vegetables; I think next week I'll sautee some vegetables, cook up some rice, and wrap it all in a tortilla. Or maybe I'll just make some egg salad. Someone also suggested that I freeze yogurt; that way it is nice & thawed out by lunchtime even if I just leave it at my desk.

BLAH I've got a zillion thoughts in my head. Sorry to overwhelm y'all! This is the worst post EVAR. I need to stop for now. I'll try to write more (and more concisely) later on. At least more frequently than once a month. Maybe I need to travel to Austin again...heh.

Oh, and one more thing, here's a picture of me & Jen from Sarah's wedding:


I'll get the original (non-watermarked) copy up there as soon as I can, as well as some other cute ones of my family. In the meantime, check out the photographer's other stuff here, though. His work is amazing.

xo


Currently Reading:

TITLE: The Brothers Karamazov
AUTHOR: Fyodor Dostoevsky

TITLE: The Whole World Over
AUTHOR: Julia Glass

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, phooey. I just wrote up a long comment, and just as I hit the publish button Blogger decided to go all wonky.

In a nutshell, what I said was this: check out the book Vegan Lunchbox for take-to-work lunch ideas. I have it, and I love it.

arianna said...

Thanks, Marsha! I'll totally have to check it out.

Unbelievable, though - there are 2 versions of that book on Amazon, and one of them sells for $100-300, used! My goodness.