Tuesday, June 05, 2007

wow

A heartfelt thank you to all of you who were so kind to me regarding my post yesterday, leaving me messages of encouragement & concern. I am doing much better, I think (although I still definitely do feel off-track); I probably should have posted later in the day when things were looking brighter (the weather outside still sucked, but I was feeling much less down, at least). I was thinking of skipping the Boston Knit Out meeting at 6:30 so I could get some work done, but I decided I'd go and help out, because there was a big mailing that had to be prepared (sorting, folding, stuffing envelopes, stamping). I got there a little early & had a nice chat with Patience, who has taken on the burden of running the entire Knit Out (understandably, Lucy needed to step back from doing it this year!), and we were joined by others throughout the next couple of hours. All the while, we were preparing the mailings, as well as trying to hold a meeting, so it was kind of chaotic! It would all have been totally fine, except for this one woman who was kind of aggressive with everything. She seemed angry that the BKO didn't have better organization around its PR, but we didn't know what to tell her -- everything is going through a huge change in leadership at the moment, and it's a really small volunteer organization. So that kind of put a damper on things, at least in terms of the meeting, especially because I was starting to grow hungrier & hungrier as an extra hour of the meeting went by, oy.

Luckily, when the meeting was through, I was headed to Joanna's for a Knit Night/going away party, as she is moving to New York City this month. I hate meeting all these awesome people through SNB, only to see them leave. It feels like that group is also going through something of an upheaval, but luckily it always seems to be composed of cool knitters, and hopefully thus attracts them, too! Anyway, Joanna's was fun; there was some delicious food, and there were some very cool new people to meet.

I got some more work done on this baby sweater I've been commissioned to do; I am enjoying knitting with Knit Picks Shine Worsted, even though the pattern (which I'll link to in a future post, I am sure) is very simple:


Hopefully I'll get even more done this evening, as Bethany & I plan to hang out & watch some Gilmore Girls (I've made it to season 6, finally) after we stop by the yummy Scooper Bowl this evening! xoxo

Currently Reading:

TITLE: Loyal to the Sky
AUTHOR: Marisa Handler

1 comment:

Unknown said...

more pictures of the baby sweater, please!!!!

and last night was SO much fun!