Monday, June 18, 2007

a new beginning

Well, today was my first day! The train ride was loooong, but so long as I get a seat & can read relatively undisturbed, I guess that'll be okay. Work itself went pretty well; it mostly entailed paperwork & tours & a fun lunch out with a lot of people I already knew (both from having worked there before, and having friends and my soon-to-be-brother-in-law there). It seems pretty cool so far, but it's a huge difference from working at home (of course), so I think it's going to take a lot of getting used to. Hopefully, I'll just stay really busy & the days will fly by. Hopefully!!!

Currently Reading:

TITLE: White Teeth
AUTHOR: Zadie Smith

TITLE: Harvesting the Heart
AUTHOR: Jodi Picoult

1 comment:

Marsha said...

Good luck!

I used to have a long commute (about ninety minutes each way), mostly by train. I listened to unabridged audiobooks while knitting. Sure did get a lot of knitting done then...