Monday, October 23, 2006

i am everyday people

Yesterday was surprisingly awesome; I went to meet Caitlin to spend a few hours at the Head of the Charles with her (which in itself would normally be pretty cool). I wasn't even going to go this year, but Cait called me at the last minute on Saturday to see if I wanted to wander around with her, and I agreed, thinking we'd stop in & get some food & then head home. But while we were chatting & wandering around, checking out all the booths & freebies (and at times, watching the regatta, haha), I opened the schedule to check out what bands were playing on the nearby stage, and saw Arrested Development listed!! I was thrilled & immediately texted Dan to tell him; he biked over to join us & we all watched the show together, which was so fantastic. AD has so much energy, and I just loved watching both the women in the group dancing. They played all these songs from "3 Years 5 Months & 2 Days in the Life of", which was the tape (yes, cassette tape) I used to own (and listen to on constant repeat) of theirs. Unfortunately I have no idea where that tape is anymore (most of my tapes didn't survive past high school, since they were so bulky & didn't move well), but I still love it -- I'm thinking of purchasing it again secondhand from somewhere. But in CD form, probably. :) Anyway, it was such an energetic show -- and, to make it perfect, they played their rendition (by far my favorite) of "Redemption Song". I was gloriously happy to hear that.


I hear they have a new album out as of this September; they hadn't done anything as a group since 1992. I'll have to check it out!

On the way home from the show, Dan got hit by a car (entirely their fault) as he was biking back (I was taking the train back in from Cambridge, so luckily I didn't have to see him fly over the hood!). He is fortunately alive & okay, but I am still so shaky about his close call. I don't know what I would do without him around. I don't even want to imagine it. He's getting checked out by a doctor within the next few days, which I'm happy about because who knows what could have happened. I'm trying not to dwell too much on all of this, but I do feel more lucky than ever to have him with me today....

Lastly, I also finished reading The Time Traveler's Wife this morning, and wept throughout most of the last few chapters. Like Erin & Amy (I think), I now count it as one of my favorite books. How incredible that story was. I won't go into too much detail, but I will say that I would recommend it without fail to anyone who likes to read fiction. It's beautiful. I hope someday I can write a book with that much depth & breadth of emotion, personality, originality, everything.

I have to get back to work for now, though. xoxo

Currently Reading:

TITLE: Bitchfest
AUTHOR: Lisa Jervis & Andi Zeisler



No comments: