Friday, October 27, 2006

does anyone else feel this way?

I'm not expecting sympathy or having a pity party for myself, but things have been really hard for me recently, in terms of my social life. I don't know what in the world I've been so busy with, but whatever it is, I feel simultaneously that I am almost never at home (okay, aside from spending my work hours there, which don't really count), that I don't see my friends in the Boston area enough, that I don't keep in touch with those out of town nearly enough, and that I'm not devoting as much as I should be to groups like CodePink. And the worst part, I feel like I never see Dan, and I miss him. :( So, what on earth am I spending all my time doing? I have no idea. At least one of these things must be a misconception, but I've no idea which in my overwhelmed little brain. Sigh. There aren't enough hours in a day, or days in a week. I sometimes wish everything was as schedulable & reliable as work hours. "Joe, I'll have coffee with you every 2nd Tuesday of the month from 12-1, and Susie, I'll have breakfast with you Mondays from 7-8." Right? How weird that would be...but maybe how much easier....

I keep wanting to "take some time off" from everything and just become a temporary recluse in my apartment. But that never quite seems to happen. I haven't even gotten a chance to sleep in for ages.

I think I need to reassess things, but I don't know when to...! Heh.

For now, the nose must get back to the ol' grindstone, though. xoxo

Currently Reading:

TITLE: Bitchfest
AUTHOR: Lisa Jervis & Andi Zeisler

TITLE: Effroyables Jardins
AUTHOR: Michel Quint



No comments: