Thursday, November 04, 2004

i never liked that movie, anyway...

Turns out that "The Road to Wellville" was the name of a pamphlet done by C.W. Post (inventor of Post cereals), and doesn't have anything to do with Kellogg except that, while at the Kellogg sanitorium, he decided he wanted to make and sell cereal, too. Thus the advent of GrapeNuts, which I've still never tried. Anyway, I hated that movie when I first saw it and it still disturbs me, but I was checking out imdb.com today and there seems to be no mention of any character named Post. Who knows, maybe they couldn't get rights to his name or something. I really don't remember the movie, so I could be wrong. But if I'm right, I hate historical inaccuracies like that. Don't associate Kellogg with Post's pamphlet just for the sake of a "clever" movie name for a shitty movie to begin with!

No comments: