Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Sam is not my friend

As promised from yesterday's post, I wanted to talk quickly about how a forum just dropped a post of mine, without notice & without any recognition that it had ever existed! I have been watching Sam Has 7 Friends since it began, only because my friend Caroline plays the Holly character (I wouldn't otherwise have gotten into an online serial, I don't think). I joined the forums because I had some questions about the show, and started getting involved in some discussions on there. Everything was hunky-dory until I posted about having noticed that the credits seemed to have put the wrong character name with an episode's actor. As the series is a mystery, and thinking it might have been deliberate, I posted the following picture:


Where it says "roman" I thought the character was "forrester", so I asked about it of the other forum members. The next day, checking back in for a response, I couldn't even find the post I had made. The forum admin must have not only fixed their mistake (on the episode it now lists the correct character's name), they simply used my post for correction purposes & then made like it never existed. What, they couldn't just own up to a mistake? It would have been no skin off anyone's back, and yet they decided to just pretend I hadn't spoken.

I suppose there's the very slim chance that when I meant to hit "submit" I instead hit "cancel", but I really don't think that's the case. I am 99.9% sure that I saw my post actually show up in the thread immediately after I posted it.

This isn't the way to handle fuckups, SH7F & Co. Don't expect me to be posting on that board anymore. I'm not angry or even all that upset, but I don't understand why I was totally, unnecessarily censored. Thanks for that. xoxo

Currently Reading:

TITLE: The Memory Keeper's Daughter
AUTHOR: Kim Edwards

TITLE: Dirty Blonde
AUTHOR: Courtney Love



No comments: