Wednesday, October 20, 2004

spring heeled jack & johnny too bad

For some reason I decided to revive the music of these bands today, after having almost completely forgotten about them for long months...I even went on Amazon.com and bought JTB's Pathwork Girl! It's too bad I couldn't find their demo, that is by far one of my favorite albums ever. I have it on tape somewhere at home; I'm going to have to figure out how to make mp3s of it!!

In any case, it got me thinking a lot. SHJ, especially, brings back a LOT of memories for me - high school, "skankin' at the ska" as Bethany used to say, friends made through music...wow. The CT ska scene really defined a large chunk of my high school career, and is probably what got me through most of it! I was the first Rude Girl FHS ever saw, I do believe...

I miss those days. I was looking at a site that talked about Spring Heeled Jack's reunion show post-Dave (RIP), and I was so sad that I never got to go to that. I think I still have the unused tickets that I purchased, which arrived one day too late at school (after I was already back home at my parents' house). Ugh.

Just the unity of those shows, the unity of the ska scene in general...is there even anything like that out there today?? I guess there must be, I guess I'm just getting too old to know...

I should end this post now; I'll leave you with my favorite SHJ quote: "I'd rather do it now and regret it later..." <3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha i just found this blog. We almost had a JTB reunion two weeks ago but various members couldn't make it.

anyway yeha there's still a scene here in CT www.ctska.com
www.myspace.com/ctska