Thursday, January 01, 2009

it's ba-ack!

So: ska (and other related late-nineties music) is apparently back, full-force. In the past year, I've seen so many shows of bands who have either reunited recently, have started touring again, or who I haven't seen since I was a wee one in high school! Less Than Jake, The Toasters, The Pietasters, Rancid, The Pilfers, and the other night: The Mighty Mighty Bosstones.



Also, No Doubt and The Offspring have recently reunited. Among many others. It's insanity! But very excellent insanity.

It's been fun to return to some of the venues I haven't haunted since I was a little, awkward, teenaged rude girl.

Before we left for the show, we cooked this for dinner:


Actually, it was super-delicious fajitas. But those colorful veggies were the mouth-watering first step. I just wanted to share.

Oh, and to top off all the nostalgia, Radio 104 returned last year. Hurray!

(Happy New Year, everyone! I wrote most of this post yesterday, but didn't get around to putting it up, which is why it's not really all 2009-y, haha. I'm not a big New Year's person anyway, though - it's just another day, to me. The only thing I like about it is writing the new year on checks, hah.)

No comments: