Monday, March 10, 2008

just another manic Monday

This weekend was fun. I got to do some stitching & bitching with the North End knitters up at Diesel Cafe at midday on Saturday, then hopped the T back down to Harvard Square to meet up with my mom & sisters, who were in town for the weekend. We had some drinks at Algiers, and wandered around Beadworks, Woolcott, the Garage, and Rodney's despite the pouring rain.

That evening, we went to Right Turn to see one of the best performances I've ever seen Sweet Wednesday put on. (My oldest sister met Lisa randomly one day in a park about 10 years ago, and our family's been following their shows on & off ever since!) It was fun to go with the girls.

Then we stayed up really late watching 90210 and Waitress, which unfortunately was not as good as I had hoped it would be. But, Mal from Firefly was in it, so I enjoyed that!

The next morning, I met up with Shaina for my first Johnny D's jazz brunch experience! It was really fun (although close quarters, and really crowded), and the food was pretty good, although not the best I've ever tasted. I guess I'm still partial to Pour House brunches. You can't beat pumpkin pie pancakes.

I spent the early afternoon getting things done around the apartment, and then attended my first Code Pink meeting in ages. I can't believe it's been so long since I've seen some of those people! It was really good to catch up, though, and feel once again like I was back in the thick of things. Granted, I'm not much of an in-your-face protester, but I am definitely looking forward to Knitting for Justice (at the new Stitch House in Dot.) this Tuesday! That's something I could really get into.

Lots going on otherwise, but I don't feel like talking much about any of it. I got a ton of knitting done over this weekend, and surprisingly my wrists don't seem any the worse for it today. I'll try to share some of the several things I worked on at some point soon.

Till then, have a good week.

xo

Currently Reading:

TITLE: The Brothers Karamazov
AUTHOR: Fyodor Dostoevsky

TITLE: The Poisonwood Bible
AUTHOR: Barbara Kingsolver

No comments: