Friday, February 29, 2008

bookworm

I'm totally looking forward to two exciting visits this weekend, from two of my favorite people in the world: Steph & Rodrigo. Should be lots of fun, between the two of them. No specific plans as of yet, but we always find plenty of fun for ourselves, hehe. They don't know each other yet (Steph's an old school friend; Rodrigo is from Austin), but I do think they'll hit it off....

Only question is, when will I manage to get the remaining 550 pages of The Brothers Karamazov done in time for Sunday evening's book club meeting?? Hah...I probably won't end up attending, after all. I'll have to wait for the next book, I guess. I was looking forward to discussing the TBK, but I was just at a book club meeting last week for another book I didn't quite finish in time, and believe me, some big plot points were ruined for me. Well, not so much ruined, because I'll still finish the book, but they certainly won't be the surprise they were to everyone else! Ah, it's entirely my own fault - I tried to squeeze two book club books in at the same time. Three, actually, but I managed to finish Middlesex in time for that meeting. That definitely made the discussion more enjoyable. Next month, though, I'll either just have to be more selective about which groups I attend, or really buckle down & get to reading my ass off! Haha.

Best wishes to all of you for a wonderful weekend!
xo

No comments: