Wednesday, August 15, 2007

adieu, mes crosswords

So I have kind of settled into this routine on my commute, wherein I will read the daily fluff paper (the Metro) to get a general idea of the news, and then settle in with the crossword puzzle, which can sometimes take up most of the rest of my ride. I'll read my current book to round out the rest of the time, and then on the way back home in the afternoon, I just read. It's been a nice system, and I usually enjoy it (when the crossword doesn't frustrate the hell out of me). But I'm thinking that, in order to keep up better with my blogging friends, I really ought to replace the crossword with a feed reader. (Since I've got a nifty phone to do that with!) I do so love doing crossword puzzles, for many reasons (I have to admit, I've probably learned at least one new word every day...not sure how well any of them have stuck with me, but...), and I kind of felt like I was warming up my brain for the day ahead, but now that I am much more limited at work in terms of what sites I don't feel awkward reading when anyone can walk by (and blogs unfortunately fall under that category), I think that I'll have to alter my routine a bit. I tend to do that pretty often: change things up to see if I can find something that works any better than my current routine (in many facets of my life). I'm always looking for some improvement. I wonder if that's what makes me often feel like something is always just out of my reach....

In any case, so for now it'll be newspaper-blogs/reading. We'll see how that goes. xoxo

p.s. I saw this in the Metro a few days back: it's about time. (By the way, is Boston Now part of The Boston Globe? I had no idea. Intriguing....)

p.p.s. I know I'm way late in the game, but I can't believe JK Rowling put "It's not all wandwork" (regarding how to charm the ladies) in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows! I guess by now she knows she has adult readers (and plenty of them) who she can send some pointed jokes to....

p.p.p.s. Ohmigod, what has the world come to?? Mitt vs. Snowman

p.p.p.p.s. Wow sorry, I know this is an insanely disjointed post. I just had all these little snippets to add! Which probably just means I ought to be doing more regular posting! Hehe.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

and she's back! i meant to send you the handicapped article, i forgot.

also, I want to be your blog friend!! can i can i?