Tuesday, March 20, 2007

take 3

This has kind of devolved into being solely a knitting blog for the time being, I am sorry about that! I will post more once life has calmed down a bit, I am sure.

For now, just wanted to show off the third Odessa, this one knit for Bethany (a very late Valentine's Day gift!). I presented it to her last night after we volunteered at an art show at the WLP; we didn't get to help out too much, but we did eat a lot of delicious food & got to hang out with all the fun people there. In any case, I had entirely forgotten to take a picture of the finished product (too much swimming around in my brain these days), but Bethany graciously allowed me to snap one with my long-forgotten camera phone on the T ride home:


pattern: Odessa
yarn: Rowan Cashsoft DK in Lime (509)

It's kind of hard to tell, but there is beading on that, just like on the white one I last posted about. I got the K3P2 right this time, but I decided to stick with the "mistake" of doing 2 rows between beading instead of 3; I prefer more beads on the hat. (I should add for anyone who is interested in knitting 2 rows between beading that I did not have to string on any more than the suggested 150 beads.)

Okay, I have to go take a shower & then get lots of work done today. I don't know when I'll get a chance to post again; maybe I will this weekend, after my sister Sarah has come up to visit! xo

Currently Reading:

TITLE: The Secret Life of Bees
AUTHOR: Sue Monk Kidd

TITLE: The Blind Assassin (audiobook)
AUTHOR: Margaret Atwood

No comments: