Tuesday, March 13, 2007

once more, with feeling

Lots going on here in my life, but at least in the knitting world I've got something to share -- due to travel over the weekend, I had to put the cardigan on hold, but I was able to churn out the second of 3 Odessa hats I have plans to make:


Pattern: Odessa
Yarn: RYC Cashsoft DK in Cream (500)

I made some errors because I wasn't paying too much attention to the pattern; I did a K2P2 ribbing instead of a K3P2, which clearly messed up one of the neat intended effects of the ribbing/swirls, but I actually liked the way it turned out, and it was way too late for me to go back by the time I realized the mistake. Also, I was beading every 2 rows instead of every 3 (clearly, I've got some issues with preferring the number 2 over 3!), but that worked out really well, in the end. Only one row in the decreases had to be changed, and I kind of like the effect that more beads had on the resulting hat.

I'm sure I'll update on other stuff soon, but for now, that's all I feel like blogging about. Thanks for understanding. Ciao! xo

Currently Reading:

TITLE: The Secret Life of Bees
AUTHOR: Sue Monk Kidd

TITLE: Everybody Into the Pool
AUTHOR: Beth Lisick

No comments: