Wednesday, February 21, 2007

happy late Valentine's Day!

Oops, sorry, I thought I had already posted this!

I didn't want to post this until I was sure my sister had received it:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
pattern: Delite
yarn: Rowan Cashsoft DK in Opulence (SH521)

This is part of the Valentine's present Bethany & I mailed to Sarah. (Bethany is also getting a hat, which I haven't quite gotten to yet.) For some reason I miscalculated and ended up doing the decreases wrong, but the end result turned out quite nicely (if I do say so myself), and I might even be knitting a few more in the future. The twisted rib (where you knit into the back of both the knit and purl stitches) gives the hat such a great stretchiness! But it is definitely a lot more work, at least the way I knit, so the hat took a while to complete. I wish the hat edging pattern had come out more clearly; that may have been the fault of the yarn, but I really enjoyed the end result from the Cashsoft DK, so I will probably stick with it for other (possible) incarnations of this.

I'm currently working on a lot (well, for me) of other things, which hopefully I'll be posting about soon! Stay tuned. xoxo

Currently Reading:

TITLE: Indecision
AUTHOR: Benjamin Kunkel

TITLE: Gone With the Wind
AUTHOR: Margaret Mitchell

No comments: