Monday, November 20, 2006

word nerd

Okay, so I know this is kind of lame, but I've found my new favorite (for the time being) site:

Common Errors in English
(Scroll down to see the list.)

I find it so fascinating! I've always had a thing for figuring out why people mistake certain words for others -- like, one of my favorites, that I once saw a guy type "computer rail" for "commuter rail". Sounds totally funny, but say it out loud a few times fast, and you can see where it might have come from -- it seems like he simply misheard the word.

I could spend hours on this site, reading all of these little tidbits over & over!

But for now, I've got work to keep me busy for this first half of the week... xoxo

Currently Reading:

TITLE: Grassroots
AUTHOR: Jennifer Baumgardner & Amy Richards

TITLE: Confessions of a Recovering Slut
AUTHOR: Hollis Gillespie



No comments: