Friday, November 03, 2006

knitting tragedy!

Okay, so the title is a bit overdramatic, but I was quite upset last night. This is why:



See what happened? I had just cast on in some lovely Jade Sapphire Cashmere, using a brand new Addi Natura circular that I had purchased at Woolcott in Cambridge, and was completing the first bits of Dan's new winter hat, when disaster struck -- the wooden needle snapped right off of the cord!

This a very blurry picture because our camera doesn't do closeups well, but maybe it'll help you get the idea:



I hate being so stalled on a project. Good thing I will probably be near a yarn store sometime this weekend so I can purchase another set of circs, but I'm still so frustrated right now. (Luckily I had like a zillion WIPs to work on when that happened! Haha.) Hmm, I wonder: do you think Woolcott or Skacel would give me a new pair? I am uncertain whether they'll say it's my fault or their own...but honestly...shouldn't needles (even wooden ones) be a bit hardier than that?

At least I still have the receipt. I'll have to stop by Woolcott (if I get up the nerve & motivation to do so) and see what they can do for me.

In the meantime, I haven't finished a project in quite some time, so it's kind of a good excuse to force myself to work on older things... xoxo

Currently Reading:

TITLE: Bitchfest
AUTHOR: Lisa Jervis & Andi Zeisler

TITLE: Effroyables Jardins
AUTHOR: Michel Quint



3 comments:

Whirly Sue said...

Nightmare!

Just draw their attention to Brittany's 'Lifetime Guaruantee'
http://www.brittanyneedles.com/bkguar.html

and remind them if the needles snap whilst you are knitting, then they are not fit for purpose!

Good luck with your WIPS, oh and NICE HAIR!!!!

Sue
((((x))))

Marsha Brofka-Berends said...

Ack! That is tragic indeed. You should definitely return the needles to the store where you bought them. I can't imagine they would hassle you about it, especially since you just got them. Good luck!

Jeanette said...

Oh no! What size Addi's was it?