Wednesday, June 28, 2006

it'll be all right


Ugh, bad morning. And I'm so behind on everything this week. Blah.

Yesterday was pretty productive, though, hurray. After work I had to rush over to Habitat for Humanity to help them stuff envelopes for a mailing that is going out to solicit donations (I figure since the builds are always so full, at least I can help out somehow...mailers, I can do; phone calls, no way).

After we were done (early! because we were so efficient!), I went back home to cook up some Scallops Au Gratin, with Asparagus & Red Peppers on the side. It was a fantastic (and pretty quick & easy!) dinner. I was pretty proud of myself. I really do love those cookbooks all geared towards few ingredients & little time...heh.

I spent a little time starting a pair of camo socks for Dan last night, and also baked an almond bread & read a chapter in my book. I just felt so good about getting so many bits of things done, but of course I still feel like everything is still hanging over my head. Sigh.

And, despite all of those great accomplishments, I still was cranky last night (sorry, Danny). And this morning has just been shitty from the start! I left the Women's Lunch Place early (thankfully Cheryl is a doll & was so understanding about it), and I so hated to do so, but I just couldn't handle the other volunteers there today. New volunteers should not be telling "veteran" volunteers what to do or how to do it, especially if they've been doing things like that for months. Ugh. (People in general shouldn't tell other people what to do, but that's another thing entirely.)

Sorry, I won't vent any more than that...I really just want to go back to bed right now, but instead I'm gonna fire up my other computer & get to work.

Wish me luck in getting through today!! Heh.

Currently Reading:

TITLE: Fresh Lipstick: Redressing Fashion and Feminism
AUTHOR: Linda M. Scott

TITLE: The Glass Castle
AUTHOR: Jeannette Walls

TITLE: The Art of Interactive Design
AUTHOR: Chris Crawford



No comments: