Tuesday, July 05, 2005

"can you help me unravel my latest mistake..."

Gah. I've got that song in my head, and I've no idea what it even is! Heh. Well, I know I have been rather delinquent in my posting. Guess not much has been going on. Had a busy weekend - I felt like I was all over the place! On Friday, we (me, Dan, his mom, and her fiance) drove up to Ithaca with their big truck so that on Saturday we could disassemble & move out all of my big furniture, whoo! We drove back that afternoon and deposited the stuff in temporary storage at my parents' house. Wow I'm so relieved that is all over & done with. Now, we play the waiting game until September, pretty much! Dan and I will probably go up to Ithaca at least one more time before my lease is up on July 31st, but mostly I am moved out. I get to pack up all my kitchen stuff next time I go up, though, ugh. That's always the hardest part for me.

Then I spent Sunday after church unpacking my own car (I had also stuffed it to the gills up in NY) and taking naps in between. (I was pretty exhausted from 8+ hours of driving and staying up late to take apart my shelves and desks and whatnot!) That evening, Dan & I went to Litchfield to a wine-tasting/outdoor-movies party at Amber's new boyfriend's house - it was a lot of fun! I haven't seen Amber or Danica in a long time, and it was nice to catch up. And I'm so happy for Amber, that she's found such a wonderful guy!

The next day Dan & I pretty much kicked around Oakville until 5 or 6, and then drove down to the White Plains station to take the train into NYC. We walked from Grand Central to Chelsea for a party at my friend Caroline's house. The view of the fireworks wasn't great, but I had a good time with Danny. Plus, it was wonderful to see Caroline - it had been years! We are definitely talking making plans for a weekend in the future so we can catch up, since we didn't really get to talk much as she played hostess. So yay, fun! But what a loooong weekend. I'm glad in a way that it is over, as much as I don't really want to be at work right now...and yes, I'm still at work. Taking a break because I desperately need one, but it's been such a long day already. The program I am writing seems to have endless problems. =\ I don't know what to do - I hate having this burden on my shoulders! As much as I love being involved in the project I am working on, it is VERY difficult to be the only programmer! Now I understand how overwhelmed my predecessor at this company must sometimes feel. But, I do love what I do. I just worry that others won't love what I do...as in, what I produce...ack!

Anyway, I should get back to work so that I can get home before midnight tonight! I could definitely use a little bit of relaxation time tonight. Dan probably won't be home till later on, anyway, so it'll be nice just to have some quiet "me" time.

Although, at this rate, that might not happen for several days...!

Currently Reading:

TITLE: C'est la Vie
AUTHOR: Suzy Gershman


Recently finished:
TITLE: Lies & the Lying Liars Who Tell Them
AUTHOR: Al Franken

Been meaning to read that one for ages, too; just finally got around to it. I love checking books off my list! Even though it never stops growing...*sigh*

No comments: