Tuesday, June 03, 2008

i'm a peach

I have never in my life lived on Limmer Lane in Cairo, GA. In fact, I've never lived anywhere near Georgia! So why in the world is my credit card apparently now being billed there? I'm very nervous about this. I don't know if it's fraudulence, or if it's a mistake made by my credit card company. I called immediately when I noticed the problem, but I'm keeping an extra-close eye on my account for the next week or so. It doesn't look like there have been any suspicious purchases yet, but you never know. Sometimes they take a while. I'm so scared to have to go through the hell of sorting out fraudulent purchases once again. Ugh.

I'm thinking that maybe this was actually a credit card company mistake. The only information I can find online for the above address is an outdated real estate listing, which means that maybe someone recently moved in, and applied for a new card. Could they have reissued my number or written over the wrong database record, though?? Is that even possible?

Oy. Wish me luck that this isn't yet another few months of Credit Card Hell. I hate this stuff. There has to be better way of making things secure. Bah.


Currently Reading:

TITLE: Daughter of Fortune
AUTHOR: Isabel Allende

TITLE: Drinking: A Love Story
AUTHOR: Caroline Knapp

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

Ugh! Definitely keep an eye on that one. I hope that this isn't the start of months of credit card hell for you.

I see you are reading Daughter of Fortune, if you enjoy that book I think I have the sequel, Portrait in Sepia that I can lend you.