Wednesday, August 02, 2006

it's not the heat

Mostly busy trying to stay cool these days...but otherwise, I'm doing pretty well. Last Saturday, Sarah, Liam, and I drove up to Kevin's place together, for Bethany's annual ice cream birthday party! The girl spends several weeks before the party whipping up amazing flavors of ice cream (things like "lemon merreingue", honeydew-peach, and peanut butter with Reeses Pieces -- yum), and then we all spend the night of the party gorging ourselves as we taste test. :) It's a fantastic (if slightly sugar-crazed) time. And always delicious.

Very late that night (as in, technically the next morning), Dan, Chris, & I went to another showing of Clerks II. (Yeah, we're slightly obsessed. All 3 of us had already seen it before.)

The next day we slept in, and then I spent the afternoon with Bethany at the Arnold Arboretum. It was gorgeous weather, and the park was so beautiful & peaceful (when those annoying teenagers weren't running all over the place -- ahhh, I feel so old saying that! haha). I got a nice picture of a flower blooming along the edge of a pond:


Saturday evening, Dan & I went to the movies again, this time to see My Super Ex-Girlfriend. While I love Uma Thuman and Luke Wilson (and even Anna Farris!), this was definitely not their finest moment. Oh, well. It was a fun way to pass a few hours, at least. (And, I did see a preview for a new Casey Affleck movie, so that made my night.)

Monday was Bethany's actual birthday, so we met up for lunch (we were both craving macaroni & cheese, which we finally located at Au Bon Pain!) and sat outside the Aquarium, watching the adorable seals. (They have such human antics at times, it's great.)

That evening, a small group of us met up in the Common for a picnic dinner, followed by dessert at Finale. All I can say about that is: Yum. They really know how to do dessert right. We split 3 between the 5 of us, and it was just enough.

Yesterday I spent trying to move as little as possible, and trying not to melt. Yesterday night, Dan & I broke down & bought ourselves air-conditioning. I hate to say it, but I do really appreciate it. Since I'm working at home with computers on, I just can't seem to get work done in intense heat. I wish I could deal better, because I hate using up so much energy, but I will just do my best to add as little as I possibly can to the deterioration of the environment. Le sigh.

Currently Reading:

TITLE: Microserfs
AUTHOR: Douglas Coupland

TITLE: Misfortune
AUTHOR: Wesley Stace

TITLE: The Art of Interactive Design
AUTHOR: Chris Crawford



No comments: