Friday, December 30, 2005

year in review

This is here thanks to my seeing it on Erin's LJ - I added in the titles of the entries (because some of them didn't make sense without them) and otherwise played around a bit with the "rules"; hope you don't mind! Hehe.

Go to your calendar and find the first entry for each month of 2005 (not counting memes). Post the first line of it in your jounal, and that's your "Year in Review".

January: i'm very disappointed...
...in Kraft Foods. I just finished reading Culture Jam (Kalle Lasn, of Adbusters) the other day, did a little research, and found out that Philip Morris, a leading cigarette company, owns all of these foods.

February: about the biggest pair you ever seen, dingleberry!
Just wanted to say how much I think Kevin Smith and Jason Mewes rocked up at UConn yesterday night...well, I guess technically they talked into this morning, but you know.

March: good, i'm female
I know I've been getting girlier & girlier as time goes on (who doesn't know about my sordid love story with the color pink??) but I guess this just confirms it (thanks, Jess, since I found this on your MySpace site...) :

Your Brain is 73.33% Female, 26.67% Male

April: i'm sorry
I know I've been absolutely terrible about updating this. I'm going to try to be MUCH better.

May: staymakers
For your information, a staymaker is a corset maker. I had no idea!

June: whoah
Ack! I think I've got a lot of catching up to do!

July: "can you help me unravel my latest mistake..."
Gah. I've got that song in my head, and I've no idea what it even is!

August: what a girl wants
I was driving home at 3am last night (ugh don't ask...well, ok, me Dan & Kyle were at an Evil Robot Us' & etc. show in New London) and I came across this broadcast of what sounded like a talk radio show out of Boston (no idea how I was getting the signal all the way down here, although it was kinda fuzzy most of the time).

September: we're here!
Yay, we made it safe & sound to Boston! As did all (well, most) of our stuff.

October: it's like TKO, but different
The Boston Knit Out happened yesterday, and set-up went well.

November: the princess project
I just emailed this to most of the women I know, but I figured it couldn't hurt to also post it on my website:

December: catching up
To be honest, I'm surprised I'm even writing this - I thought for sure I'd be knocked out by a fever this morning.


I think it sums things up pretty well, since most of them talk about how I've been delinquent in posting...heehee. But I like that it mentions some of the fun things I've done, some of the things I've learned, and of course the most important (our move to Boston). I hope next year is just as good! xoxo

Currently Reading:

TITLE: The Language Instinct
AUTHOR: Steven Pinker


No comments: