Wednesday, December 29, 2004

oh, deer!

The excitement of the morning: there is a beautiful deer with a broken leg on the street outside my parents' house. She is so frightened; it's so sad! I called the police a few minutes ago and Animal Control just showed up, the woman is talking to the deer to calm her down...and they've just shot her. Oh, the poor, sweet deer... Well, at least she is out of her misery now. She kept struggling to move further, and I know it must have been hurting her something awful. My goodness, I wonder what the neighbors are going to think when they return to their house and find their yard covered in deer blood and frantic deer tracks!

What a start to the morning...wasn't exactly what I was hoping to have to see.

1 comment:

Monkey said...

I hate seeing deer like that.
We hit them so much here (Montana) - and it's always good to see or know they were killed and didn't run off into the woods just maimed and suffering somewhere.
That would be an exciting morning!